0-6-0 diesel Leo fresh from the paint shop with it's new livery.
From when my Parents gave me my first train set for a Christmas present as a child, I have had an interest in model railways. I originally started in "OO" gauge, but have also built in "N" and "O" gauge. The last layout I built was my exhibition layout "Holmehurst" which was in "O" gauge, and I exhibited it around the country. Photos of it can be seen by following this link.
I inherited some "OO9" rolling stock from my late father, including a loco I built from a white metal kit for him, and ever since living on our working narrowboat Hadar I have been thinking about building a "OO9" layout.
For those who do not know, "OO9" is "OO" scale, which is 4mm to 1ft, but the track and rolling stock are narrow gauge, equivalent to 2ft gauge in real life. Modelling-wise this means that I can used standard "OO" scale buildings, people, scenery etc. of which there is a far greater range of ready built items and kits to choose from, but it has the advantage that the reduced size of the track and rolling stock means that curves can be tighter than for standard gauge, without losing a realistic look within a restricted layout size.
I had thought about building a layout in our garden alongside our mooring at the
I have now built the layout. This is now a full record of the building of this layout and any new additions along the way.
Please feel free to leave comments, I am always interested in suggestions or questions.
Over the past couple of days I have assembles an extra 2 storage trays for road vehicles.
Recently I purchased this Jouef 0-4-0 loco which was missing its cab rear and roof.
So yesterday and this morning I have been building a tender for it, which many modellers tend to do to these little loco that have the cab missing.
I have used the body of a Minitrains coal wagon, which I cut the chassis off so at it would fit on top of an 0-6-0 chassis which from the tender of a Minitrix N gauge loco I bought to use the chassis of the loco for a 3D printed loco.
I cut off one of the ends of the coal wagon and then fitted a new floor inside the wagon.