Giving a ram a mucky woolly coat using static electricity. 🐑
A cleaner white coat for this sheep.
From when my Parents gave me my first train set for a Christmas present as a child, I have had an interest in model railways. I originally started in "OO" gauge, but have also built in "N" and "O" gauge. The last layout I built was my exhibition layout "Holmehurst" which was in "O" gauge, and I exhibited it around the country. Photos of it can be seen by following this link.
I inherited some "OO9" rolling stock from my late father, including a loco I built from a white metal kit for him, and ever since living on our working narrowboat Hadar I have been thinking about building a "OO9" layout.
For those who do not know, "OO9" is "OO" scale, which is 4mm to 1ft, but the track and rolling stock are narrow gauge, equivalent to 2ft gauge in real life. Modelling-wise this means that I can used standard "OO" scale buildings, people, scenery etc. of which there is a far greater range of ready built items and kits to choose from, but it has the advantage that the reduced size of the track and rolling stock means that curves can be tighter than for standard gauge, without losing a realistic look within a restricted layout size.
I had thought about building a layout in our garden alongside our mooring at the
I have now built the layout. This is now a full record of the building of this layout and any new additions along the way.
Please feel free to leave comments, I am always interested in suggestions or questions.
We appear to have dead sheep whilst 0-4-4-0 double Fairlie 'Earl of Merioneth' awaits the signal to proceed into Hadarford station. In removing them yesterday from being glued amongst the static grass, some of the grass had stuck to their legs, and in removing said grass I removed the black paint on their legs, so I repainted them, then laid them down where they came from to dry, so when having given them their woolly coats they will go back where they came from. Hence why some of the ones I have already done are playing dead, I will glue them all in place once they are all treated.
P.S. Now where did I put my glasses? 🤔 (A little hint, This photo which I took 1st) 🤓 😂
In the afternoon I used the croc clips on sticks for the 1st time, certainly makes holding whilst painting and drying small items a lot easier. 😊
Video of Hadarford by David Johns of CruisingTheCut. Took all day and a lot of it on the cutting room floor, but I am very pleased with the result.
This morning I repainted the test sheep, the original matt black paint came off in my fingers so had to strip the paint off, wash them and soaked in vinegar. I have been waiting for a new pot of matt black paint to arrive, which it now has, let's hope this paint sticks this time. 🐑🐑🐑
After lunch I carried on painting some bits and pieces, one of which, the fork lift truck, now resides behind Beeton's Garage. 😁
New arrival in the post this morning, 0-4-4-0 double Fairlie 'Earl of Merioneth' arrives at Hadarford station with the up morning passenger service. 😊
Over the weekend I finally got round to adding to the plan of Hadarford.
I changed the solid line representing the track in the tunnel underneath the farm with a dashed line, and added the castle ruins walls.