Good progress with the battery loco today, buffer beams painted red, transfers applied, name plates and driver fitted. Just needs liquid lead for ballast and couplings fitting to finish. 😊
From when my Parents gave me my first train set for a Christmas present as a child, I have had an interest in model railways. I originally started in "OO" gauge, but have also built in "N" and "O" gauge. The last layout I built was my exhibition layout "Holmehurst" which was in "O" gauge, and I exhibited it around the country. Photos of it can be seen by following this link.
I inherited some "OO9" rolling stock from my late father, including a loco I built from a white metal kit for him, and ever since living on our working narrowboat Hadar I have been thinking about building a "OO9" layout.
For those who do not know, "OO9" is "OO" scale, which is 4mm to 1ft, but the track and rolling stock are narrow gauge, equivalent to 2ft gauge in real life. Modelling-wise this means that I can used standard "OO" scale buildings, people, scenery etc. of which there is a far greater range of ready built items and kits to choose from, but it has the advantage that the reduced size of the track and rolling stock means that curves can be tighter than for standard gauge, without losing a realistic look within a restricted layout size.
I had thought about building a layout in our garden alongside our mooring at the
I have now built the layout. This is now a full record of the building of this layout and any new additions along the way.
Please feel free to leave comments, I am always interested in suggestions or questions.
This morning I set about fitting the Tramfabriek coreless upgrade to the Lilliput U loco 'Alfred Henry' (pictured with the tram loco and upgrade kit which I will tackle later). Very easy to do, and very pleased with the result 😁
Both locos and upgrade kits ready for fitting
Running in the new upgrade on the rolling road
And brought into service with a bugbox train passing Hadarford lock
Having finished the sheep, this afternoon I started to releaf some of the trees that were looking a bit bare. I have quite a few more to do but I have ordered some darker shades of green otherwise they will all be the same colour and some more spray glue. 🌳